Archive for February, 2011
Some minutes ago I have released pacinfo v0.1.
You can find the project page at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/pacinfo/
I have also uploaded a PKGBUILD to the AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46065
- list all installed packages
- screenshot support (fetching from http://screenshots.debian.net/ like the Ubuntu Software Center)
- large screenshot if you click on the thumbnail
- shows installed files of a package
- shows some details of the package
- full-text search in the whole package name
Report bugs and feature requests to the project page at Google Code…thanks.
Just a few days after introducing pacinfo, I have made some progress in finishing the first public release. I have cleaned up the code and add new features which I wanted.
- fetching package list and package information are completly asynchronous and doesn’t block the GUI anymore
- ability to click on the small thumbnail and get the large version of it
- see a progress bar for fetching package list and package information
I have no screenshots of the new feature, but you can have a look at this screencast I have made:
I think I will release the first public release this week and hosting the source code on sourceforge or similar.